This page was updated June 7th, 2021 at 6:30pm
It Takes a Village
Resoures for Helping Each Other Throughout The Covid 19 Pandemic
Join our Facebook group
If you are 70 years of age or older you can now sign up to get your second dose of the vaccine earlier than anticipated. Even if you already were given an appointment it is possible to schedule your second shot sooner. Follow this link for more information: RCDHU Early Second Dose News Release
Renfrew County will enter Step 1 of the Great Re-Opening on Friday, June 11th. Patio dining and non-essential store can re-open with special restrictions. See the Step 1 Reopening Information at this link.
Covid 19 Immunization Information for Renfrew County can be found HERE at this link:
Covid 19 TESTING IS NOW AVAILABLE for EVERYONE! Locations and scheduled dates can be found at this link:See the notice HERE
As a community we can better face the challenges of this pandemic if we work together. This site contains the contact information for a group of volunteers to assist those of us who, due to health concerns or physical limitations, can not leave their homes during this time of physical distancing. It is also a place where useful information is shared. Below you can learn what you need to do to access these services.
Where to Find the Help You Need
- If you don't have access to our Facebook Group "It Takes A Village" and have a request for help:
- call Dana Jennings at the Bonnechere Township Office ~ 613-628-3101 ext. 226 Mon-Friday 8:30-4:30.
- If after hours and your need is urgent you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will post a request on your behalf. Please indicate the task, your area and whether you wish to remain anonymous.
- If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency call 911
- Picking up and delivering groceries or perscriptions to your home
- Call the store of pharmacy and place your order
- Pay for it with your credit card or account
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and let us know you need an order picked up
- Taking garbage and recyclables to the waste site
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and place the garbage and recyclables outside your home near the driveway OR let us know where the volunteer will find them when you call.
- Other odd jobs that you can't safely do yourself
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above
- If you want to volunteer:
- and let us know what you willing to do. We will add you to our list. Then monitor our Facebook page and when you see a job that you can do, Use this Facebook Messenger link to let us know that you are available to do the job.
- Are you a Bachelor or Master of Social Work student and want to help with Covid 19? Visit the nicenet.ca/talk2nice website for some volunteer opportunities. A poster describing those opportunities can be found here: TALK2NICE Poster
- Jobs Available in Healthcare and Other Local Occupations
- Follow this link ovjobs.ca
- Donations are needed!
- Eganville Foodbank and the Sharing Place in Golden Lake ~