This page was updated April 8, 2021 at 6:30pm
It Takes a Village
Resoures for Helping Each Other Throughout The Covid 19 Pandemic
Join our Facebook group
The Bonnechere Valley municipal office will be closed for drop in visits. All services can still be obtained but you will need to call first and the office will let you know how you can be accommodated. PLEASE bear with us we are doing our best to keep things running under these conditions. Call 613-628-3101 ~ All waste sites remain open under winter hours.
Renfrew County is part of the 28 day province wide shutdown as of Saturday, April 3rd. See the latest RCDHU news releases here at this link. www.rcdhu.com/news/
Covid 19 Immunization Information for Renfrew County can be found HERE at this link:
Covid 19 TESTING IS NOW AVAILABLE for EVERYONE! Locations and scheduled dates can be found at this link:See the notice HERE
As a community we can better face the challenges of this pandemic if we work together. This site contains the contact information for a group of volunteers to assist those of us who, due to health concerns or physical limitations, can not leave their homes during this time of physical distancing. It is also a place where useful information is shared. Below you can learn what you need to do to access these services.
Where to Find the Help You Need
- If you don't have access to our Facebook Group "It Takes A Village" and have a request for help:
- call Dana Jennings at the Bonnechere Township Office ~ 613-628-3101 ext. 226 Mon-Friday 8:30-4:30.
- If after hours and your need is urgent you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will post a request on your behalf. Please indicate the task, your area and whether you wish to remain anonymous.
- If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency call 911
- Picking up and delivering groceries or perscriptions to your home
- Call the store of pharmacy and place your order
- Pay for it with your credit card or account
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and let us know you need an order picked up
- Taking garbage and recyclables to the waste site
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and place the garbage and recyclables outside your home near the driveway OR let us know where the volunteer will find them when you call.
- Other odd jobs that you can't safely do yourself
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above
- If you want to volunteer:
- and let us know what you willing to do. We will add you to our list. Then monitor our Facebook page and when you see a job that you can do, Use this Facebook Messenger link to let us know that you are available to do the job.
- Are you a Bachelor or Master of Social Work student and want to help with Covid 19? Visit the nicenet.ca/talk2nice website for some volunteer opportunities. A poster describing those opportunities can be found here: TALK2NICE Poster
- Jobs Available in Healthcare and Other Local Occupations
- Follow this link ovjobs.ca
- Donations are needed!
- Eganville Foodbank and the Sharing Place in Golden Lake ~