This page was updated May 25th, 2020 at 11:40 am
It Takes a Village
Resoures for Helping Each Other Throughout The Covid 19 Pandemic
Join our Facebook group
LEVEL 1 FIRE BAN IN EFFECT Campfires for cooking or warmth are now allowed. No other fires allowed. See the notice HERE
As a community we can better face the challenges of this pandemic if we work together. This site contains the contact information for a group of volunteers to assist those of us who, due to health concerns or physical limitations, can not leave their homes during this time of physical distancing. It is also a place where useful information is shared. Below you can learn what you need to do to access these services.
Where to Find the Help You Need
- If you don't have access to our Facebook Group "It Takes A Village" and have a request for help:
- call Dana Jennings at the Bonnechere Township Office ~ 613-628-3101 ext. 226 Mon-Friday 8:30-4:30.
- If after hours and your need is urgent you can email: email@example.com
- We will post a request on your behalf. Please indicate the task, your area and whether you wish to remain anonymous.
- If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency call 911
- Picking up and delivering groceries or perscriptions to your home
- Call the store of pharmacy and place your order
- Pay for it with your credit card or account
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and let us know you need an order picked up
- Taking garbage and recyclables to the waste site
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above and place the garbage and recyclables outside your home near the driveway OR let us know where the volunteer will find them when you call.
- Other odd jobs that you can't safely do yourself
- Contact us by one of the methods shown above
- If you want to volunteer:
- and let us know what you willing to do. We will add you to our list. Then monitor our Facebook page and when you see a job that you can do, Use this Facebook Messenger link to let us know that you are available to do the job.
- Are you a Bachelor or Master of Social Work student and want to help with Covid 19? Visit the nicenet.ca/talk2nice website for some volunteer opportunities. A poster describing those opportunities can be found here: TALK2NICE Poster
- Jobs Available in Healthcare and Other Local Occupations
- Follow this link ovjobs.ca
- Donations are needed!
- Eganville Foodbank and the Sharing Place in Golden Lake ~
- If you think you have Covid 19 ~ Do not call 911 unless an emergency!
- If you think you may have to call 911 in the future,
- Emergency Rooms Remain Open and Safe!
- If you have a medical emergency area Emergency Rooms are open, safe and available to you. Click here for the details
- Other medical emergency: 911
- Police: 911
- Fire: 911
- Dental Emergency ~ Yellow Pages Listing of Area Dentists:
- Covid19 Safety Information
- Pet Emergency
- Pembroke Animal Hospital ~ 613-732-3641
- Renfrew Animal Hospital ~ 613-432-8884
- VCA Canada Ottawa Veterinary Hospital ~ 613-729-6139
- Alta Vista Animal Hospital (Ottawa) ~ 613-731-6851
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Mental Health Crisis Line ~ 1-866-996-0991
- Robbie Dean Centre ~ 343-369-4241
- Phoenix Centre ~ 1-800-465-1970
- Child and Youth Crisis Line ~ 1-877-377-7775
- Mental Health Mondays Please click this link HERE.
- Monday at 7pm if anyone is struggling and looking for for inspiration please join Mental Health Monday's FB live
- Awareness of Breath Mediation Video Please click this link HERE.
- Mental Health Webinars Please follow this link HERE
- Good Doctors Medical Clinics ~ Medical advice by phone ~ Phone: 888-930-6571 OR Texting: 705-910-7799
- Senga Transformational Coaching from Lorraine MacDonald
- Free online or telephone sessions. Please contact lorraine for an appointment. ~ 613-312-0301 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BounceBack Ontario bouncebackontario.ca
- A free skill-building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). It is designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach and through online videos, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.
- Bonnechere Valley Waste Disposal Fees to be Charged at Snowdrifter's Construction & Demolition Wastesite
- Starting June 1st Bonnechere Valley Township will again charge fees or require the use of your free waste voucher at the above wastesite.
A poster explaining this policy can be found here: Snowdrifter's Wastesite Notice
- Eganville Freshmart
- Delivery to Eganville area Wednesday's only. They will also bag and have ready for pickup a phone order 613-628-2616
- Foodland Eganville
- Call ahead to have your order boxed and ready for pickup. They will also deliver 613-628-2215
- Senior Hours 8:00 to 9:00 am
- Conway's Pharmacy ~ Eganville
- Delivery available Phone: 613-628-2808 | Fax: 613-628-2282 | email@example.com
- Pharmasave Holistic Care ~ Golden Lake
- Delivery available 613-625-1112 | Fax: 833-891-3217
- Conway's Pharmacy ~ Cobden
- Delivery available 613-646-2717 | Fax: 613-646-2422 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hardware, Plumbing and Building Supply
- All three Eganville based businesses offering these services will take phone orders and have them ready for you to pick up
- Home Hardware Eganville ~ 613-628-2807
- Miller BMR Building Supply ~ 613-628-3015
- Eganville Country Depot ~ 613-628-2272
- Subway, in Eganville
- 613-628-9797 Will deliver Available 11:00 am to 7:00 pm for pick up or delivery
- Rio Tap and Grill, Eganville
- 7 days 11am-2pm 5-7pm 613-628-5344
- Fifth Chute Coffee
- preorder on their website pick up on Thurs - Sat.
- Eganville's Finest 613-628-9457
- Ice Cream, Meals to Go & More. Check the website for prepared meals and more.
- Pizza Farm, Eganville
- 343-369-1227 ~ www.localline.ca/pizza-farm
- Beth's Kitchen
- Meal deliveries to Eganville area 613-433-1009 | email: Beths-Kitchen@hotmail.ca
- Milano's Pizza, in Eganville
- Monday - Call for availability 613-628-9393 for take out and delivery
- The Boat House/Cottage Cup, Golden Lake
- Tuesday - Saturday 11-5:30 freezer meals available
- Golden Lake Chinese Restaurant
- Tuesday 4-8pm, Wednesday - Sunday 11-8 tbd 613-625-2366
- Babbling Gourmet, 667 Northcote Rink Road
- New dishes every Wednesday and Saturday - pick up only. Catering available pre-order on facebook at Babbling Gourment
- Garths Kitchen, Killaloe
- Take out available for lunch 613-281-2285
- Lakeview Deli Cobden
- Moonlight Crofters, Scotch Bush
- Via FB @moonlightcrofters or call or text 613-602-5253.
- We do doorstep deliveries in the Valley each week, free delivery on orders over $20. We have a variety of grass-fed beef cuts, frozen prepared food (pierogis, sausage rolls and burgers). We will be offering subscriptions for vegetable baskets soon.
- Click on the links below for some ideas to relieve boredom
- Click on the links below for some educational activities for younger children
This website is a companion to the "It Takes A Village: Eganville and Area Facebook Group. It is a local group intended for those within appox 25km range of Eganville, including Douglas, Golden Lake, Foymount, Cormac, Pikwaknegan, Dacre, etc.
There is a Whitewater group as well as a Barry's Bay and area group that are also available on Facebook.
Our hope is to compile some of the information that has been posted in an easily accessible way.
Thanks for taking the time to visit, please leave a comment on Facebook if there is something you would want to see here. ~ The It Takes A Village - Eganville Team